Skip to Content

Request a Form I-20 for a Change of Status by Travel

Submit your documents using this webpage to request an I-20 for use in filing a Change of Status by Travel

In order to request your change of status with by travel, you will need to have an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) created by the International Office.

Before we can make an I-20, we must have the following:

A. your acceptance letter to Texas State or an unofficial transcript showing you are a current student (can be printed out from Catsweb)

B. a copy of your passport

C. documentation of financial support (i.e., 3 months of bank statements), showing evidence of financial support to cover at least 12 months (and an additional $3,600 for each dependent)  (you can see our Tuition and Fee estimates for 12 months here), and

D. if the bank statements are not in your name you must also submit an Affidavit of Support (either an I-134 which can be downloaded off the USCIS website if your sponsor is living in the U.S., or the Texas State Admissions Affidavit if your sponsor is outside the U.S.) which should match your financials