Packing Your Suitcase
Planning ahead and packing properly can facilitate the screening process and ease your travel experience at the airport.
- Airline and Baggage Regulations - Review Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Guidelines
What to pack? Below are some suggestions from our international students:
- Clothing for cold and warm weather
- Small quantities of toiletries for immediate use. You can always buy additional toiletries at a supermarket when you need more.
- Your favorite non-perishable food or snacks that will not be available or hard to find in the US. This is often what international students crave most in the first few months of being away from home.
- Sufficient amount cash in US currency for immediate use before you get to a US bank to open a bank account. Review: US Money and Banking
Note: Electrical appliances in the US work on a 110 Volts. You may consider to purchase electrical appliances in the US, as electrical appliances from some countries may not function well in the US.