Earliest Admission Date to the US
Students and dependents are not permitted to enter the US sooner than 30 days before the program start date listed on the Form I-20, even though the student may be issued an F-1 visa that is valid before the Program Start Date.
Student who arrive prior to 30 days before the I-20 program start date may be denied entry to the US. Student who are admitted to the US early, 30 days before the program start date, will automatically be out of status and will result in the student’s SEVIS record being terminated.
Refer to Earliest Admission Date in the Program of Study block on the Form I-20, which is a system-calculated date 30 days before the Program Start Date, derived from this regulation.
Travel During US Holidays
- New Year's Day — January 1
- Martin Luther King Day — observed the third Monday in January
- Presidents' Day — observed the third Monday in February
- Memorial Day — observed the fourth Monday in May
- Independence Day — July 4
- Labor Day — observed the first Monday in September
- Columbus Day — observed the second Monday in October
- Veteran's Day — November 11
- Thanksgiving Day — observed the fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day — December 25
Review: University Academic Calendar
Texas State University is open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.