Watch Sprintax’s webinar recording on the stimulus payment and Covid-19 impacts on tax compliance. You will also find included with it:
- Answers to the Top 10 most common questions from the session
- Information about how Sprintax can assist F-1 students with nonresident status for tax purposes with amended returns
- Blog articles on the CARES Act and its impact for nonresidents
Sprintax Open Tax Webinars
- Tuesday, Feb 16th, 2pm – Register here
- Wednesday, Mar 3rd, 11am – Register here
- Monday, Mar 15th, 1.30pm – Register here
- Monday, Mar 29th, 1pm – Register here
- Tuesday, April 6th, 12pm – Register here
- Tuesday, April 13th, 12pm – Register here
Sprintax Nonresident Tax Overview for Students on OPT/CPT
- Wednesday, Feb 17, 2021, 12:00 PM – Register here
Tax Filing Begins: February 12, 2021
Tax Filing Deadline: April 15, 2021
Refer to the IRS website for more important dates.
International students are advised to file their taxes as soon as possible. Many international students may qualify for a tax refund. A tax refund may provide financial assistance during difficult times. Therefore, the sooner students files their taxes, the sooner students may determine eligibility to receive a tax refund.
Students are advised to file taxes prior to departing the US. Filing taxes and tax compliance while outside the US may be difficult.
Refer to this resource for assistance with filing taxes outside the US: Help With Filing Your US Tax Return From Outside the USA.
DSOs are not trained in the complexities of the United States Tax Regulations.
For more information, visit the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) website for Foreign Students and Scholars.
For more information on Tax Form 8843 - No Income International Student.
Review Income Tax Withholding policies for Scholarships and Fellowship Grants Paid to Nonresident Aliens Students and Scholars
DISCLAIMER: International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is NOT permitted to assist any student or scholar with any IRS tax form preparation or tax related questions. The available tax information provided by ISSS is intended for your benefit. Any questions or concerns should be directed to Sprintax, a certified tax preparer, or a local IRS field office.