Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program
What is SAVE?
The Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program provides a fast, secure and efficient verification service that allows federal, state, and local benefit-granting and licensing agencies to verify your status when you apply for a licence or government benefit. To learn more, visit uscis.gov/save.
What does SAVE need to verify your immigration status?
The benefit-granting or licensing agency must provide SAVE with your current biographic information (first name, last name, and date of birth) and a numeric identifier (such as an Alien Number (A#/USCIS#); Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record Number; Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) ID number; or unexpired foreign passport number.
What happens if SAVE cannot verify your status?
You may correct or update your immigration record with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). SAVE cannot correct, renew, or replace records.
Where do you go to correct, obtain, renew or replace a record?
You must contact the DHS agency that issued your record.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
For instructions and forms on how to obtain, correct, renew, or replace a:
- Certificate of Citizenship, visit uscis.gov/N-565.
- Certificate of Naturalization, visit uscis.gov/n-600.
- Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card, visit uscis.gov/I-90.
- Form I-766, Employment Authorization Card, visit uscis.gov/I-765.
- Form I-94 issued by USCIS, visit uscis.gov/I-102.
For questions and assistance:
- Call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833 for deaf or hard of hearing).
- For more information contact USCIS, visit https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us.
Custom Border Protection (CBP)
Contact CBP if you need to replace or correct your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record.
- To correct the Form I-94 records that originated at CBP's Deferred Inspection Sites (DIS), visit the CBP website at cbp.gov/document/guidance/deferred-inspection-sites for a list of all DIS's
If you have questions or need information on the I-94 automation process, visit the CBP INFO Center at https://customs.custhelp.com/.
Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
If you are a student or exchange visitor and need to correct your record, contact your designated school official (DSO) or responsible officer (RO).
If they cannot help you, contact the SEVP Response Center (SRC) at 703-603-3400 or email@example.com.