Thank you for submitting your OPT documents. Please allow 5-8 business days for processing. You will be contacted if more information is required or once ISSS mails your documents to you.
Here is what to expect next:
- The DSO will review OPT documents and make suggestions, if necessary.
- The DSO will create the OPT recommendation in SEVIS and print a new OPT requested I-20. (Note: If the application is incomplete the DSO will not process the OPT request in SEVIS.)
- ISSS will mail the complete OPT application to the student.
- The student must purchase a shipping label at eShip Global to receive documents from ISSS.
- The student is responsible for submitting the complete OPT application to USCIS.
F-1 students are responsible for mailing the OPT application to USCIS in a timely manner. Per immigration regulations, the student must file the OPT application with USCIS within 30 days of the date the DSO enters the recommendation for OPT into SEVIS record.