Thank you for submitting your OPT documents. Please allow 5-8 business days for processing. You will be contacted if more information is required or once ISSS mails your documents to you. Please do not forget to submit ISSS documents.
Here is what to expect next:
- The DSO will review OPT documents and make suggestions, if necessary.
- The DSO will create the OPT recommendation in SEVIS and print a new OPT requested I-20. (Note: If the application is incomplete the DSO will not process the OPT request in SEVIS.)
- ISSS will mail the complete OPT application to the student. (ISSS will place required documents in a specific order with instructions on how to mail to USCIS.)
- The student must purchase a shipping label at eShip Global to receive documents from ISSS.
- The student is responsible for mailing the complete OPT application to USCIS. Review the OPT Packet for the appropriate USCIS address.
F-1 students are responsible for mailing the OPT application to USCIS in a timely manner. Per immigration regulations, the student must file the OPT application with USCIS within 30 days of the date the DSO enters the recommendation for OPT into SEVIS record.