Early Check In:
If you are in the U.S. before our International Student Resource Fair (formerly known as International Orientation), August 24th come by the International Office to check in and submit your immigration documents. All students are required to check in with the International Office, failure to do so will jeopardize your F-1 status.
*F-1 transfer students are also required to check in with the International office within 15 days of the program start date on the I-20. Failure to do so will jeopardize your F-1 status*
We will have the following dates available for early check in.
Bring your Passport, Visa, I-94 (access here) and Signed I-20
New International Admits, If you cannot make any of the check in dates, you will need to check in at the resource fair by 8:30am. If you cannot attend check in, you will still need to report to the International Office at a later date.
Select one of the dates on our appointment calendar. Each day has limited space.
- Thursday, August 18 | 2:00PM-4:00PM
- Friday, August 19 | 2:00PM-4:00PM
- Monday, August 22 | 2:00PM-4:00PM
Watch our ZOOM Pre-Arrival Videos before attending a check in on TRACS.
Join us for our Zoom information video web sessions (Check your emails for invite key).
International Student Resource Fair Schedule
When: Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Where: JC Kellam (JCK) Reed Parr Room 11th floor
It is imperative that you arrive at the JCKellam JCK no later than 9:00AM (click here for JCK map & driving directions)
Register for Fall 2016 Resource Fair, by clicking on the "Register Now" box on the right
We will provide complimentary breakfast and snacks.
Attending this fair is a contributing factor in your success at Texas State.
- Meet your immigration advisers and the International Office staff
- Gain knowledge of Texas State's student support services and academic life
- Learn about: university resources, city of San Marcos resources, transportation, employment opportunities & information sessions
- Gain a better understanding of F-1 regulations, & personal, legal and financial responsibilities of attending college
- Gain a better understanding of health insurance requirements
- Reduce anxiety about the transition to U.S. college life, by getting to know your new home
- Great way to meet new friends :)
OTHER TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY ORIENTATIONS
Undergraduate Students: must attend New Student Orientation (NSO) for Undergrads hosted by Undergraduate Admissions. This orientation is mandatory for all Undergraduates (except for study abroad-exchange students). At NSO you will meet with advisors, register for classes and get an overview of the university's resources for first time students. If you complete your NSO requirements, we strongly recommend that you attend the full day of the International Orientation.
Graduate Students: Review the Graduate Student Orientation and make an appointment with an academic advisor in your department to register for classes. Some departments offer email advising appointments, check with your graduate advisor.