Early Check In:
If you are in the U.S. before our orientation, August 19th come by the International Office to check in your immigration documents. All students are required to check in with the international office, failure to do so will jeopardize your F-1 status.
*F-1 transfer students are also required to check in with the International office within 15 days of the program start date on the I-20. Failure to do so will jeopardize your F-1 status*
We will have the following dates available for early check in
Bring your Passport, Visa, I-94 (access here) and Signed I-20
- Wednesday, August 12 1:00PM-4:00PM
- Thursday, August 13 1:00PM-4:00PM
- Friday, August 14 9:00AM-12:00PM
- Monday, August 16 1:00PM-4:00PM
- Tuesday, August 17 1:00PM-4:00PM
If you cannot not make any of the check in dates, you will need to check in at Orientation.
International Student Orientation Schedule
When: Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Where: University Academic Center (UAC) Rm 209
It is imperative that you arrive at the University Academic Center UAC no later than 9:30AM (click here UAC location map)
Register for Fall 2015 Orientation, by clicking on the "Register Now" box
We will provide complimentary breakfast and lunch during orientation.
Attending orientation is a contributing factor in your success at Texas State.
At International Student Orientation you will:
- Meet your immigration advisers and the International Office staff
- Gain knowledge of Texas State's student support services and academic life
- Learn about: campus resources, city of San Marcos resources, transportation, employment opportunities & information sessions
- Gain a better understanding of F-1 regulations, & personal, legal and financial responsibilities of attending college
- Gain a better understanding of health insurance requirements
- Reduce anxiety about the transition to U.S. college life, by getting to know your new home
- Great way to meet new friends :)
OTHER TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY ORIENTATIONS
Undergraduate Students: must attend New Student Orientation (NSO) for Undergrads hosted by Undergraduate Admissions. This orientation is mandatory for all Undergraduates (except for study abroad-exchange students). At NSO you will meet with advisors, register for classes and get an overview of the university's resources for first time students. If you complete your NSO requirements prior to August 19, we strongly recommend that you attend the full day of the International Orientation.
Graduate Students: Review the Graduate Student Orientation and make an appointment with an academic advisor in your department to register for classes. Some departments offer email advising appointments, check with your graduate advisor.