Change of Address and OPT Employer Update
Students reporting Change of Address or OPT Personal Information updates can submit forms to the International Office by one of the following methods:
- Email: The fastest and most preferred method of submitting this form is by email attachment to International@txstate.edu making sure to put “OPT Reporting” in the subject line.
- Fax: Send to 512-245-8264
- In person: Bring form to the International Office
Alumni Currently on OPT and OPT Extension
Remember alumni are still F-1 students, must maintain status, and continue reporting to the International Office at all times concerning changes in: name, address, phone number, and changes in employment or temporary unemployment.
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), within the Department of Homeland Security requires that schools ensure the accuracy of certain information in SEVIS for all students on OPT. To comply with this requirement, those on OPT must report certain information using the document above.
- Those on OPT are required to report changes in their address within 10 days of any move. The address reported must be a current location/living address and not a P.O. Box number.
- Those on OPT are also required to report their employer’s name and address. The address reported must be the employer’s location address and not a P.O. Box number. When reporting an employer’s name, if working for a company, the name of the actual company must be reported (not the name of the supervisor).
- Those who are unemployed must this also report unemployment.
|1||Employed by one employer||Check the corresponding box on the form. Provide employer’s name and address.|
|2||Employed by multiple employers||Check the corresponding box on the form. List all employer’s names and addresses, indicating which employer is the primary employer.|
|3||Self-employed||Check the corresponding box on the form. Give the business address, which can be the same as one’s personal address.|
|4||Students with performing arts degrees who have multiple short-term jobs (gigs)||Check the corresponding box on the form. Follow instructions on the form by sending us a list of new gigs on a regular basis. If working for an agency, indicate the agency as the employer and list the agency’s address.|
|5||Not currently employed||Check corresponding box on the form.|
|6||Returned to home country with no current plans to return to the U.S to pursue OPT||Check the corresponding box on the form. Indicate the date of departure from the U.S. as instructed on the form.|
|7||Returned to home country with plans to return to the U.S. by (indicate date) to resume OPT||Check the corresponding box on the form. Indicate date as instructed on the form.|
|8||In the U.S. and no longer an F-1 student||Check the corresponding box on the form. Supply a copy (scanned or faxed) of I-797 Notice of Action that indicates current immigrant or non-immigrant status.|