This page contains a list of commonly asked questions by faculty and staff that are intended for general guidance. If you need further assistance or if your question is not addressed below, please call 512.245.7966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I invite an international professor, researcher or specialist to Texas State?
- How long may the J-1 Exchange Visitor Remain at Texas State?
- How can I have the option of being able to invite an international back to Texas State each year for several years?
- How can I have the option of being able to offer an international a permanent faculty position at Texas State?
- Can I pay an international who has B-2 or WT status?
H-1B Employment FAQs
- What is an H-1B?
- What is a specialty occupation?
- Is there an annual limit on the number of H-1B temporary workers?
- How does one apply?
- How long can a foreign national be employed in H-1B status?
- Who can an H-1B employee work for?
- What if the H-1B employee's circumstances change?
- When must wages to the H-1B employee begin and for how long
- Can an H-1B employee travel outside the U.S.?
- Can an H-1B employee intend to immigrate permanently to the U.S.?